So today has been my normal cleaning regiment around the house. I've been in clean mode since I woke up this morning at 9 a.m. and it is nearing 10 p.m. now. I did break in between the frenzied cleaning to finish up my homework. Of course now I am sitting here blogging to extend said break. After spending what seemed like forever in a car this weekend, sitting down seems like a nightmare. As exhausted as I feel from running around the house all day, I refuse to let up and rest for too long.
The labor day weekend started friday evening when we packed up our things for the long haul to Alabama to see my parents. We'd planned this weekend to visit my family and extended family in Tennessee. I didn't realize how much driving this entailed until it was too late.
Not that it was a horrible trip. It was just an extremely -long- one.
I think my backside is still peeved at me for it.
A nearly 7 and a half hour drive up to Alabama friday night, then up and early Saturday morning to get into my dad's truck and head further north.
The temperature in that vehicle ranged from "Is this what it feels like when hell freezes over?" to "Is this what it feels like when hell freezes twice over?"
It was COLD and Aaliyah wasn't sharing her blanket with me one bit.
So I sat there huddling into myself trying to feel my appendages in the frozen back seat of my dad's truck.
Eventually he turned down the air and I could feel my fingers again.
I enjoyed the car ride up, though. It's fun spending time with my family when I don't get to see them that often during the year.
Aaliyah did fantastic on the drive. She had her fussy moments, but that's because the poor kid had to be strapped into her carseat forever and a day.
I lost track of how long we were on the road, but it was long.
For not having driven that long haul to Tennessee and then to west Tennessee I am exhausted.
Again, not so exhausted that I need to sit my arse down for any length of time.
I saw people I hadn't seen in years. I laughed so hard my eyes almost watered.
Really, Bubba!? Beach chickens? That was hilarious and the stories were fantastic.
I wish I lived closer to my family sometimes. Other times I'm happy to be exactly where I am at. This is home. The beach, the sand, our beautiful home. Though I do miss Tennessee, it's beautiful there.
Ah well, I think i've been sitting far to long and should go back to cleaning my house like a crazy mad woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment