There are some days I still stare at that silly little facebook relationship status thing and go. Whoa. I'm married. Sometimes I stare at my husband's name and it feels almost surreal to me. We've only been married for three months, but I've known this man since I was 14 almost 15 years old. That was what, back in 98 maybe?
I met him online, back when I was just a kid. Blowing stuff up in Diablo, pew pewing our way through dungeons. We had highschool issues, lived in different states and were both probably going through that awkward phase that most kids go through in school. (Unless you were that pefect popular girl whose hair is never out of place, with perfect teeth and skin). I used to emerse myself in my games and fantasy worlds, because let's face it. Real life sucked.
Being a kid sucked, especially as awkward as I was.
So I found myself in Lady Wolf. My character who was a Goddess in her own right, loved and adored by many. Yeah, she had it all, looks, magical powers, and epic skills! Okay, so maybe not the last part. I met Coyoti when I entered into the battle.net channel Town Square. I remember I was being a bit emo, and what could I do? Well he started to talk to me and console me a little. The scene (roleplay) was a bit sketchy to me, but we talked a lot. Lady Wolf and Coyoti that is. We didn't know each other beyond screen names and in character moments then.
I know, what the HELL did she just say? In character? Roleplay?
For those that have never roleplayed before in your life it is basically a collaboration between people taking turns writing a part of a plot/storyline through text form and turn based. In character means that you are playing or typing up the role of your character. Out of character is basically you, behind the screen talking. No storylines, no plots, just out of character context.
Anyway, we did a lot of story writing. I loved writing, and roleplay was my outlet to express my writing. Coyoti and Lady Wolf were inseperable for a while.
Moving on from that, we became the best of friends outside of the roleplay world. If I had issues in my real life, I sometimes talked to him about them. He was always there to listen to me gripe about the world. As emo as I was back then, I griped a lot.
Even though we were the greatest of friends online, I never imagined I'd ever meet him in real life. Not because I didn't want to, but because our lives kept taking us in different directions and we lived so far away from each other. Besides, I had boyfriends in and out of my life and I was sure he had girlfriends in and out of his life.
Then I met my first husband when I moved to Japan, and after we got married there was no one else for me. Coyoti remained my best friend, behind that name, Ted, my confidant, mentor. He remained my constant throughout everything, and was a friend I would not give up regardless. And maybe that should have tipped me off.
Long story short, I left my first husband after a lot of marital issues, disagreements, conflicts. We just didn't get along anymore. In fact, we hadn't gotten along for a while! I think I was hanging on at the end just for the kids, but the truth was, I didn't love him anymore. Not after all the hurtful things said and done.
But that just opened the doorway for Coyoti and Ladywolf to rekindle that friendship. And we did. I went home to my parents house for a while, and while I was there I went to visit him where he lived and spent a few days. Only a few days because I had to go back home and my parents and I were going to drive to Tennessee for thanksgiving with my grandmother. Which was fine. I hadn't seen her in years.
Then I went back down to visit for a week and we just had so much fun. I fell in love with the beach too, walking up and down it with him, laughing so hard our stomaches and faces hurt. I hadn't felt like that in.. well, never really. Not like that. When I left it was hard and it was lonely when I returned home. It was early December that I moved to Florida permenantly to stay. I moved in with him and his roomates, and that was the start of it all really.
We started dating, seeing where this would take us...
And here we are. Three months after our wedding and it is still astonishing to me to see that I am married to him. Somedays I have to keep from saying he's my fiance or just my boyfriend. I've considered him my best friend for so long that calling him "husband" is still just strange to me. We've been together over 2 years now, so I'm used to him being my boyfriend or fiance. I guess it's just something I have to get used to. Still, the whole concept of being married is something I'll have to get used to again.
And without further ado. Here are some pretty pictures to illustrate that beautiful day.





No comments:
Post a Comment