Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend fun.

The weekend was fun, long, and filled with many adventures for the family. Saturday the love of my life and I went to his mom's house in seperate vehicles to have them looked at. He got new brakes and I got told I needed steering wheel fluid. No biggie I suppose. Then afterward we'd make our way to the 17th annual night of lights event. There were so many people there, so much to do, so many shops to peek through. I love the historic downtown area of St. Augustine. It's just so cute and cozy. Even if some of the shops are overkill on their prices. What can you expect though? It's sort of a tourist town. The little park area was packed full of people, and we were lucky enough to snag an open spot on the grass to set out the blanket. We let munchkin crawl around on the blanket and we listened to Christmas music and people chatter.

I had fun, even with the hundreds of people there.

I like that we have this family tradition to go up and see the lighting occur every year. It was just a happy random coincidence that we got to see the lights the first year I'd come down. I hadn't fully moved to Florida yet, I was just visiting. Ted had wanted to take me up to visit St. Augustine. I remember, it was a cold November day. We did the train tours, mini-golf, great food, and ghost train. And in the midst of it all, we ended up being there on the annual night of lights event. We had such a great night. Granted we desperately needed hot cocoa for warmth. I remember thinking to myself, "It's Florida...it's just wrong for it to be this cold!" Hehe.

I'll never forget that day either. It's one of those priceless memories that you hold onto. It was the beginning of something marvelous.

And now it's become something we try to do every year.

I like that we've started our own little traditions.

Mmhmm.


Day of Night Of Lights Event Nov 2008


Ghost Train Tours, Night of Lights Event, Nov 2008 


Night of Lights, Nov 2010


Night of Lights, Nov 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment