It can be so daunting staring at my text books and then trying to find the words to write a 2-3 page paper. In the background I keep hearing the strangest noises coming from the living room. I'm snug in bed, my PDF files about networks and data management in business is up on my screen glaring at me with the white background and black text. I'm procrastinating my little heart out and my darling husband is asleep next to me.
I suppose I should be writing more of this paper, describing telecommunication and how my work uses it. Or former work to be exact since I'm not currently employed.
Instead i'm sitting here catching up with an old friend that I went to HS with that I've spent many a year trying to reconnect with. Funny how life just throws you back into each others paths when you least expect it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I like reconnecting back with people who have made such impacts in my life.
It's odd reliving those old memories. Memories that I've often thought fondly of and remember when I travel back down that road in my head.
Ah well.
Oh right.
Networks and telecommunication. Isn't that what I was on about?
Ugh, I can't concentrate on this paper at all. I feel like my head is about to explode. Maybe I should go to sleep and try finishing this up in the morning. I suppose being refreshed would be better than trying to write this feeling tired and exhausted.
It's been such a busy weekend. Friday started it all with dinner, a walk and a movie. I highly recommend going to see Conan. Despite the negative reviews I enjoyed it a lot. I also enjoyed oogling Jason Momoa who was the PERFECT Conan by the way. I thought he was even better than Arnie was, and yes I am old enough to remember the original Conan.
I think they really captured the essence of the character in the movie. I can't wait to see what else they'll do with it.
All weekend hubby and I have been amusing ourselves with teaching our daughter parts of the brain (i.e. Cerebral cortex, temporal lobe) and dancing phalanges (finger bones). We amuse ourselves in teaching her that it is masticating your food, not chewing. We are slightly twisted aren't we? The moment my child starts calling her fingers phalanges is the day I know i've done something right.
Oi. I can almost imagine the calls I'll recieve when she starts school. Ted's already teaching her parts of the brain. Imagine...she'd got to school knowing her numbers, colors, abc's and parts of the brain. Hah!
Okay...
So maybe i'm just slightly too giddy about that thought.
Maybe.
I actually have the original Conan's dear Tesa!! And not to nitpick as I know your tired writing this, but I believe its phalanges.
ReplyDeleteIt is always nice to relive fond memories of those who have made such impacts on your life; I too often recall such fond memories. A true friend is so rare, but should always be cherished, and thought fondly of; I know I cherish mine.
Networking tho, well, I don't know too much in the IT field, but I do have a massive C# book I've browsed through from time to time, and set up a few home networks, does that count?
Well, I hope you've slept well by the time you read this somewhat long winded comment, and have a fresh mind with which to write a stellar paper.
Thanks, Ben. I'll have to change my typing failure momentarily now that my brain is somewhat awake.
ReplyDelete