Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm a slacker and I know it....

So I try to sit down every now and again to blog, but I haven't had much inspiration to write about anything in particular. I guess I lead a life that, to other people, might seem quite uneventful and not at all exciting and I'm fine with that. It's my life after all. I think it's exciting enough as it is on most days. Well school last night was interesting at best. Learning about networks all the things I mostly already knew just from experience alone and having a techy dad who is pretty much my go to person when it comes to some aspects of IT.

So things I already knew:

T1 is fast. I'd like one, but they're probably super expensive.
Fiber Optic is fast.
I run a peer-to-peer network at home (and from a geek perspective those are perfect for LAN parties!)
Windows 7 sucks and has issues talking to the other computer so I can connect to the printer through my network. I still haven't figured out how to fix this.
I connect to my router through an ethernet. (That's the long cord we ran through the attic down the wall with a lot of sweat and heavy breathing. What? It's hot up in the attic!)
I'm a nerd. (Well that goes without saying)

The list really goes on, but really I had a bit of knowledge about networks before going into this class. It's interesting still, and I want to learn more so maybe this class won't be such a bane in my existence like the last couple of classes have been.

And speaking of class, I used my newest bento box for dinner last night. I am completely in love with this little box. It's so pink and so amazingly cute!




Yeah I know. What's with my obsession with Bento? I haven't figured it out yet. I see these amazingly cute bento creations and it just makes me want to be creative and do food art. I love this stuff because presentation means a lot to me. I know where most people don't give a rats arse about presentation, I do. No idea why, perhaps it's the artistic side of me. I am one of those people who watch the food network and amaze myself by the beautiful and creative meals people make and present. I want to be able to do that. Cook with flair and present with flair.

A masterpiece for every dish.

Hey that's catchy! Maybe i'll use that along the way for a slogan.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment